Every Half Hour From 7 AM - Noon
Explore the latest breakthroughs in agriculture and technology with researchers and Extension Specialists from the University of Illinois. Each tour lasts about an hour and 15 minutes, so please come early if you plan to take all three tours.
Field tours depart from the St. Mary's location, making stops at research plots and repeating every half-hour until noon. Researchers will discuss a variety of topics including: insect management, crop production, weed control, corn and soybean genetics, plant diseases, farm economics, and agricultural engineering.
- The Birds And The Beans: Soybean Breeding At The University Of Illinois
Lillian Brzostowski & Russell Ward
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles: Applications in the Ag Industry
- Results Of Field Crop Insect Surveys: Evidence Of Area-Wide Suppression Of Key Pests?
Nicholas Tinsley & Michael Gray
- Can We Manage Resistant Rootworm Beetles In Soybeans To Protect Rotated Bt Corn?
Alexandra McMillan & Joseph Spencer
- When Should We Apply Nitrogen On Corn?
- Drift Mitigation Strategies
- Amaranth ID: Know Your Enemy!
Cody Evans & Aaron Hager
- Mitigating Herbicide Resistance: Revolution or Evolution?
Patrick Tranel & Adam Davis
- Corn And Soybean Returns In 2016
- 2015 Cropland Price Outlook
- Epigenetic Variation For Nitrogen Utilization
Nicholas Heller & Stephen Moose
- Alleviating The Continuous Corn Yield Penalty With Crop Management
Alison Vogel, Laura Gentry & Fred Below
- Characterizing Corn Hybrids For Their Response To Management
Adriano Mastrodomenico & Fred Below
- Optimizing Fertilizer Placement For Increased Corn Yield
Tryston Beyrer & Fred Below
- Soil Quality In Corn And Soybean Rotations
Mollie Adams, Stacy Zuber, Emerson Nafziger & Maria Villamil