Field Tour Presentations
Take four walking tours and discuss the latest breakthroughs in agriculture and technology with researchers and extension specialists from the University of Illinois.
Walking tours begin every half-hour between 7:00 am and 12:00 noon, as groups are available. Each tour lasts about an hour, so please come early if you plan to take all four.Tour topics include:
- Continuous Corn
- Foliar Fungicides
- Corn Rootworm Management
- Weed Management
- SCN Management
- Kevin Steffey
- Soybean Insect Management: Everything But the Kitchen Sink
- Mike Gray
- Is There a Future for Granular Soil Insecticides? Is a 20% Target Enough?
- Eric Adee
- Investing in the future: SCN Management Today
- Emerson Nafziger
- Managing Corn Following Corn
- Carl Bradley
- Foliar Fungicides for Corn and Soybean…The New Norm or Just a Fad?
- Joe Spencer
- “Rootworms Use Refuges, Do You”?
- Fabián Fernández
- Taking a Look at Our Roots
- Fred Below, Allen Becker
- The Seven Wonders of the Corn Yield World
- Josie Hugie, AJ Woodward, Dean Riechers
- Synergistic Herbicide Tank Mixes for Weed Management in Corn
- Aaron Hager, Dawn Nordby
- Glyphosphate-Resistant Weeds in Illinois: How to Improve Your Chances
- Mike Tannura, Scott Irwin, and Darrel Good
- Are Corn and Soybean Trend Yields Increasing at a Faster Rate?
- Malia Appleford, Richard Cooke
- Removing Tile Drain Nitrates With Biofiltration: Let the Bugs Do the Work!
- Yuanhui Zhang, Mitch Minarick
- Thermochemical Conversion Process for Swine Manure to Produce Oil and Reduce Waste
- Al Hansen, Jon McCrady
- Research in Biodiesel Utilization
- Xinlei Wang
- Alternative Energy for the Farmstead
- Frank Dohleman, Stephen Long
- Miscanthus and Switchgrass Trials for Alternative Energy in Illinois