|Tent Exhibits||Credits & Thanks||Sponsors|
The Illinois Agronomy Handbook has aided farmers and their advisers for more than 25 years and has been revised regularly to provide the latest research-driven information.
The Interactive Agronomy Handbook at http://aces.illinois.edu/iah/ is a companion web site that supplements the printed Handbook. The web site provides interactive decision aids that enhance the handbooks utility by helping producers to perform calculations and access the most recent data and resources available.
Key features of the Interactive Agronomy Handbook include:
· full-text chapters from the latest edition of the print handbook.
· calculators that enable users to perform the agronomic calculations described and demonstrated in the print handbook. These include nitrogen rate, limestone, seed drop rate, replant decisions, stand counting, and yield estimation.
· Content that goes beyond the handbook such as Soil Plan and Nutrient Management. These valuable programs provide soil fertility recommendations designed to optimize crop yields and help farmers manage nutrients based on soil test results, soil type, crop, anticipated yield, and federal rules.
Two significant new features are being demonstrated at this year’s tent exhibit:
· A new version of the Nutrient Management program that allows producers to complete and submit management plans by ready-to-send printed forms or by direct electronic submission to USDA.
· A full release version of a stand-alone CD-ROM version that provides all the capabilities of the web site without the need to go on-line.